What is meant by cakes?
The cake is one of the forms of the sweet. It is cutting on the special occasions like weddings, engagements, birthdays, and other special ceremonies. Without cake, the function is not fulfilled. It gives more happiness to the celebrants. The cake cutting is one of the traditional methods among the peoples. The lighting candles are places on the top of the cake. There are many types of cakes in Ludhiana like cream cake, ice cream cake, fresh fruit cake, black and white forest cakes, velvet cake, and more.
What are the types of cakes that are available in the Ludhiana?
- Yellow butter cake: This cake has the creaming the butter and sugar, then adding the dry and wet ingredients. This cake is mainly used in the kid’s birthday celebrations.
- Pound cake: The main ingredients are flour, sugar, and butter. The texture of the cake is very dense.
- Red velvet cake: This is more popular in the south. The color comes from the reaction of buttermilk and cocoa powder.
- Carrot cake: The addition of the grated carrots on the top of the cake it will make the cake as more delicious.
- Sponge cake: There are no artificial leaving agents. It is obtained from the whipped eggs.
- Genoise cake: The ingredients of these cakes are egg yolks, sugar, flour, and butter or oil. It is similar to the sponge cake.
- Chiffon cake: This cake is the cross between the oil cake and sponge cake.
- Angel food cake: It is light in weight and it is made only by the whipped egg whites.
- Flourless cake: It will contain high-fat content. This includes both baked and unbaked varieties.
- Upside down cake: This is the classic version of the butter style cake and it is made of pineapple which includes pears, peaches, plums, and blueberries.
- Devil’s food cake: It has the extra baking soda which gives the air bubbles and airy texture.
- Hummingbird cake: This is the oil cake which is flavored with peanuts, bananas, pecans, and lots of warm spices.
- Opera cake: It is a light cake but rich.
- Lady Baltimore Cake: It is a fluffy cake that is layered by the fruits and but fillings.
These are different types of cakes in Ludhiana.
What are the essential ingredients in the baking of the cakes?
- Flour: It is the important ingredient in the cake. Flours like whole wheat flour, whole grain flour, bread flour, and cornstarch.
- Leaving agents: The basic leaving agents are baking soda, yeast, and baking powder.
- Sugar: The types of sugars are brown sugar, granulated sugar, and aka powdered sugar.
- Salt: Sea salt is used in the baking of the cakes.
- Diary: Unsalted butter, Large eggs, milk, cream cheese, and buttermilk is the diary product used in the cake.
- Fats: The basic fat contents are vegetable oil and butter
- Extract and flavoring: Pure vanilla extract, almond extract, and lemon extract.
- Spices: The basic spice is ground cinnamon
- Add-Ins: Chocolates, dried fruits, jams, sprinkles, food coloring, peanut, almond, etc.