One of the most common printing machines, Canon MX490 is known for producing excellent quality printouts. Also, features like innovative design and durability makes the printer as one of the leading choices of many individuals. Once you do the Canon MX490 manual wireless setup, you can use Wi-Fi-enabled devices like laptop, Android Phone, iPhone, iPad, and tab to print all your documents and photographs wirelessly. Read on to explore the series of steps involved in Canon Pixma MX490 wireless setup and get answers to some of the most common questions on Canon MS490 Printer.
Canon MX490 Driver
Performing the Canon MX490 setup requires you to undergo Canon MX490 driver software install process. In case you didn’t receive the printer driver CD along with your printer package, you need to download the software by visiting Canon’s official website.
Whether it is Canon Pixma MX490 driver download for Mac or Canon Pixma MX490 driver download for Windows, follow the below-mentioned steps to download the printer software:
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Type www.canon.com into the browser’s address bar and press Enter.
- Once Canon’s website opens, go to the software download section.
- Type the model number of your printer in the search bar and press Enter.
- Click on the “Download” link below your printer’s model number.
- Once the printer software is downloaded, double-click on the file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your computer. This is how to install the MX490 printer driver on a computer.
Canon Pixma MX490 Manual Setup
Setting up the Canon Pixma MX490 Printer doesn’t require you to have any technical expertise. With minimum guidance, you can effortlessly set up the printer and start using it. However, it is important that you follow the setup guidelines carefully so that any chances of encountering an error is eliminated. Before you start with the setup of the Canon MX490 Printer, check whether the shipment box of the printer has the manufacturer’s seal on it. If yes, perform the below-mentioned steps to compete the Canon MX490 Printer wireless manual setup:
- Open the packaging material from the printer and remove it from the shipment box.
- Keep the printer on a flat surface. Ensure that the printer is not exposed to direct sunlight.
- Plug the printer power adapter to an electrical socket and press the ON/OFF button to power on the printer.
- Load the printer tray with sufficient papers.
- Install the ink cartridges into their respective slots to complete the printer setup process.
Canon Pixma MX490 Printer WiFi Setup
The WiFi setup of your Canon MX490 Printer allows you to use a wireless-enabled device like a smartphone to print wirelessly. To start with the setup of MX490 or the Canon MX492 wireless setup, turn on the printer and ensure that the printer driver is installed. You can use the printer’s control panel to search for the available wireless networks in range. Once you see your wireless network (SSID) in the list, tap on it and then provide the wireless network password to connect the printer to the WiFi.
Canon Pixma MX490 Printer Troubleshooting
Instances occur when your MX490 encounters issues just like other printers out there. In such cases, you can follow some simple troubleshooting steps to get rid of the issue and ensure continued services from the printer. Before we discuss how to troubleshoot those issues, here’s a quick look at some of the common queries and issues of the Canon MX490 Printer:
- Canon Pixma MX490 Printer not responding
- Canon MX490 paper jam
- Why is my Canon MX490 Printer printing blurry
- Canon MX490 not connecting to WiFi
- Why is my Canon MX490 Printer not printing
- Canon Pixma MX490 Printer offline issues
If you notice that the Canon Pixma MX490 Printer isn’t responding, first, check if the printer is receiving proper power supply. Secondly, check if there is any jammed paper inside the printer. If you find one, follow the below-mentioned steps to remove it from the printer:
- Remove the printer access door.
- Locate the jammed paper (s) and grab them using both your hands.
- Gently remove the paper (s) from the printer and ensure that no paper traces are left inside the printer.
- Close the printer access door and check if the printer works properly.
Another issue of the Canon MX490 Printer is when it prints blurry. This often is a result of insufficient ink levels. You should first check for sufficient ink level by removing the cartridge from the printer. In case of insufficient ink levels, it is recommended that you replace the cartridge at the earliest.
Canon MX490 Not Connecting To WiFi? Here’s The Fix!
One of the major causes that restricts you from connecting the Canon MX490 to WiFi is improper setup of the printer. Ensure that you are connecting to the correct WiFi network and that you are using a correct wireless password. Also, check if your router and the modem are properly connected with the Ethernet cable and that there is no damage to it. If there’s any wear and tear to the cable, replace it immediately with a new one. Alternatively, you can try restarting the printer by plugging out the power cable for about two minutes and checking if the issue is resolved.
How To Resolve Canon Pixma MX490 Printer Offline Issues?
The Canon Pixma MX490 Printer offline issue occurs because of incorrect settings of the printer. To resolve this, open the Control Panel on your computer and select “Devices and Printers”. The next step requires you to right-click on the printer in question and selects “See what’s printing”. Lastly, you need to select “Printer” from the menu bar at the top and click on “Use Printer Online” from the drop-down menu. Once you complete these steps, check if the printer offline issue is resolved.
Canon MX490 Printer is among the leading printing machines in use today. To ensure the smooth functioning of the printer, you must set up the machine properly. Follow the recommended guidelines of Canon MX490 setup the exact way as mentioned here and start an all-new journey of your printing experience.