Last year, I was planning to travel to Poznan, Poland for some personal work. Unfortunately, I could not make it that time due to the health issues of my mom. Therefore, cancelling my reservation with Lufthansa Airlines was the only way left for me. Initially, I was worried about the complicated Lufthansa cancellation policy and the Lufthansa Airlines cancellation fee but all my queries were sorted when I contacted the airline. Everything was done with great ease and I was so happy that the cancellation process was very easy and the charges were also quite reasonable. Since I was so frightened before cancelling the tickets, I am going to share everything related to the Lufthansa flight cancellation rules.
I am sharing these details so that people who are reading this post do not have to go through the same. So, continue reading if any of you need to cancel or planning to cancel your tickets for any reason.
Lufthansa Cancellation Policy
The airline provides its passengers with world-class services into the economy, premium economy, business, and first classes to domestic as well as international destinations within America, Asia, Africa, and Europe. And when it comes to flight cancellation, you can do it easily. Thanks to the flexible and passenger-friendly cancellation policy. Additionally, if your ticket is eligible, then you can also get the Lufthansa flight cancellation refund.
Lufthansa Cancellation Policy 24-Hour
Since I cancelled my ticket within 24 hours of the booking, I got the full refund for my cancellation. However, you must keep the following before or while cancelling your tickets:
- The airline provides its passengers with the flexibility to cancel their booking up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure
- The refund amount depends on the cabin class or fare type chosen
- You can cancel your tickets online even if you have booked them through the official website or at the ticket booking office of Lufthansa Airlines
How to Cancel Your Lufthansa Ticket Online?
To cancel your tickets online, you will need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Browse through the official website of Lufthansa Airlines
- Log into your MY BOOKINGS account by using your last name and booking number
- Once you successfully log in, press the ‘CANCELLATION’ button to cancel your trip
- When you cancel it, you will be notified by the airline through an automatic mail
- After cancellation, your amount will be refunded or transferred to the credit card or account you have used during flight booking
Lufthansa Flight Cancellation Refund Policy
Check out the points listed here to learn more about the refund policy. I was not aware of it when I cancelled my ticket but I am hoping that my experience would help many in the Lufthansa flight cancellation process. Just take a look:
- After Lufthansa’s flight cancellation, I applied for an online refund. The duration for this is up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure
- My refund request was not processed due to some technical reasons. So, I contacted the customer care to initiate my refund process
How to Initiate Lufthansa Flight Cancellation Refund?
As I said, I processed my refund process online (however, it wasn’t processed due to some reasons), I followed the below steps for that:
- Go to the MY BOOKINGS
- Here, you will get to see your booking summary
- To start the refund process, you will need to click on the Cancellation Button
- Most of the refund requests are solved within 2-3 business days
For me, the whole process was a little confusing but I also connected with the Airlines Policy – a well-known platform to learn more about the Lufthansa cancellation policy, refund policy, rebooking policy, etc. I hope the details provided by me about the Lufthansa cancellation would help many. In case of a doubt, you all can also get in touch with Airlines Policy for professional support and experts’ guidance.