AnIP PBX Solution, also known as PBX (Private Branch Exchange) or Unified Communications System is a software solution that is utilized for making phone calls within a business. The system can seamlessly handle internal traffic between the end points. The PBX system has evolved considerably over the past few years. The system is designed with the intent to facilitate common access to limited resources. Instead of employing a separate phone line for each phone, an organization can implement a PBX system to allow shared access to various departments. For instance, with the help of a PBX system, a call can be answered by an operator and the operator can further connect the call to an appropriate person or department as per the specific requirement of the caller.
In today’s time, the IP PBX system has emerged from a basic system to a more advanced unified communication platform. The operators have been replaced with electronic systems for managing access to lines. Active calls can be transferred automatically and can be accepted or denied based on assorted rules. Moreover, the system offers a gamut of features with services like call, voicemail, fax, instant messaging, conference calls, and many more.
Many companies today provide customized solutions to meet the assorted needs of businesses. For instance, enterprises can easily find custom-made centralized PBX software or a hosted IP PBX with multi-tenant architecture. Businesses can even customize various features that they think are beneficial for the successful running of their organization.
Customizable Features for IP PBX Software Solution
Some of the custom-made key features of PBX solution include:
- Configurable routing rules
- Multi-level IVR (Interactive Voice Response)
- 3 way conferencing
- Multilingual support
- Call returns and routing
- Direct inward dialing and custom dialer
- Gateway or trunk management
- Security and permissions
- Intercom dialing
- Black/white list
- Mobility extensions
Customization facilitates businesses a perfect package of features that are beneficial for their organization’s smooth running, without incurring any unnecessary costs. Especially, startups with a limited budget can enjoy the full benefits of customized PBX solutions by using a hosted service with all the required features.
Benefits of Adapting IP PBX System
Some of the key benefits of utilizing IP PBX solution include:
- Easy To Install and Configure: IP PBX is quite simple to install and configure as compared to a traditional phone system. It usually operates as software on a computer. It just needs a good knowledge of networking and computers to install and maintain an IP PBX.
- Facilitate Easy Control and Management: An IP PBX system is usually managed through a web-based configuration interface or a GUI. This helps businesses to manage their phone system flawlessly.
- Cost-Effective Solution: Businesses can choose a well-established VoIP service provider for their long-distance calling requirements. VoIP service providers usually have various cost-effective plans that can help businesses to make huge savings while making long-distance or international calls. The IP PBX system even allows them to make free calls to other branches of their business by connecting their phone systems.
- Eliminate Complex Hardware and Wiring System: By utilizing the PBX system, businesses can avoid complex hardware and wiring systems by effortlessly connecting their IP phones directly to a standard computer network port.
- Open SIP Standard: An IP PBX system is based on the open SIP model, which means the users can merge any SIP hardware or software phone with any SIP-based IP PBX, VoIP service provider, or PSTN Gateway. They don’t have to stick with any particular vendor for various PBX requirements.
- Provide Scalability: Unlike proprietary phone systems that require expensive hardware modules for connecting additional phone lines or extensions, an IP PBX system facilitates easy handling of a huge volume of phone lines and extensions. Users just need to add more phones as per their requirements to their network to expand. Thus, facilitates easy scalability.
- Enhanced Productivity: With an IP PBX, businesses can enhance their productivity to a great extent. Without wasting the time in placing unnecessary calls, the agents can be connected to more productive calls. Moreover, the system can present all the necessary information about the caller automatically in front of the agents, which helps them to resolve the customer’s issues efficiently and quickly. All this leads to better productivity.
- Better Customer Service: With the IP PBX solution, businesses can manage all the communication more efficiently and smoothly. They can serve their customers in the most appropriate manner by connecting them to the right agent or department without having them wait for long in the queue. This increases the customer satisfaction level.
Investing in good IP PBX Software is the best way to organize, manage, and streamline the whole communication system of an organization. It not only improves an organization’s operational efficiency but also allows businesses to make huge cost-savings on calling, system maintenance, and up-gradation.