Choosing a good college is not only about the name on the Diploma. Where a student goes, decides the future of the student. The college plays an eminent role in a student’s life, from academics to co-curricular activities and beyond. An ideal engineering college serves the roadmap to the students concerning disciplined training, exposure, practical knowledge, and other engineering aspects. Especially in engineering, the successful placements eventually are the results of opting for an ideal college for graduation. Hence, making a college decision has to be a wise choice.
Talking about VIT, why is it the wise choice to consider VIT Vellore for engineering?
VIT institute is the number one foundation for innovation. It has excellent infrastructure, high-grade rankings, qualified and passionate faculty, and most importantly, it has world-class placements for students. Many other features as to why to choose VIT as your engineering college are given below:
NIRF ranking and accreditation:
- Vellore Institute of Technology ranks 13 in the NIRF ranking.
- It is recognized as an Institution of Eminence by the government of India.
- It is also accredited by NAAC with an A grade.
- ARIIA recognizes VIT as the best private university for innovation.
- VIT is awarded as “University of the year 2016” and “Excellence in faculty for the year 2017.”
Promising placements and internships for engineering students:
- VIT Vellore records for unbeatable placements for the 8th time in Limca Book of Records.
- It is accredited by TCS, Wipro and Cognizant for placements.
- Some highest packages offered by VIT include Microsoft (41.60 lakhs), Work India (40 lakhs), Amazon, Swiggy, CISCO, Udaan, and many more.
- 7000+ offers and 900+ internship offers.
Location and infrastructure:
- The built-up space at Vellore is a 360-acre eco-friendly campus with 50.83 lakh square ft.
- A 170-acre second campus in Chennai.
- The campus is full of infrastructure facilities like auditoriums, library, cafeteria, hostel, sports complex, gym, shuttle service, labs, hospital/medical facilities, convenience stores, conference hall, guest houses, banks and ATMs, and much more.
Fee structure and scholarship policy:
- Tuition fees account for INR 1, 98,000 per annum for B.Tech.
- Former Chief Justice of the Gujarat High Court Justice P.R. Gokulakrishnan distributed a scholarship worth Rs. 42 lakhs to 501 needy students on behalf of UHET at a function at VIT.
- 100% fee waiver for all four years to the toppers of each state board and central board.
- 75% fee waiver for all four years to VITEEE rank holders 1-50.
- 50% fee waiver for all four years to VITEEE rank holders 51-100.
- 25% fee waiver for all four years to VITEEE rank holders 101-1000.
- It offers 51 UG, 33 PG, 11 Integrated Programmes, 2 Research programs and 2 M.Tech industrial programs.
- In B.Tech, streams offered are computer sciences, electronics, and communications, electrical and electronics, mechanical, information technology, mechanical, civil, chemical, production and biotechnology.
Co-curricular activities at VIT institute:
- Co-curricular activities include start-ups, sports facilities, cultural clubs and technical societies. VIT excels in all these fields, including the academic curriculum as well.
- The start-up culture is growing, and students from VIT are constantly engaged in such extracurricular activities.
- Different start-ups include Kraftigo, Bhukkad, The pen world, Sangharsh, Helpmyprep, Preleprosy, Actonate, Bazinga Labs, Squadron and many more.
- There are many cultural clubs including debate club, dance club, dramatics club, photography club, health and wellness club and many more.
- Technical societies include alpha bio cell, Linux user’s group, google developers group, CodeChef, creation lab, e-cell, iothinc, solai club, robovitics, tech and many more. These societies help in giving a technical edge to the young minds. This also helps them in getting placements in good technical companies.
- VIT emphasizes on the importance of sports activities, which helps in maintaining physical and mental health, and helps develop team and competitive spirit.
Alumni network of VIT Vellore:
- VIT has a vast alumni network. Alumni of VIT are settled in all parts of the world.
- Some of them include Shubhangi Swaroop, first female pilot of the Indian navy, Anand Prakash, CEO/Founder Appsecure, Sathish Rajamani, CEO, Four Clover Technology Solutions, and many more notable alumni in many other fields.
Hostel accommodations at VIT institute:
- VIT connects with students from different places. They provide good hostel services and facilities.
- A visitor’s lounge is added for the visitors, parents and guardians.
- VIT has 24 hostels.
- 24 hours water supply.
- 24*7 wardens, supervisors, maintenance staff, and security guards are available.
- Healthy food is provided, including all veg, non-veg, Indian, and International food cuisines.
- Different events take place in the hostels to increase communications.
We can see that VIT Vellore is a prominent college with the best infrastructure, facilities and placements. The exposure in different streams helps students in the long term. The faculty is very encouraging, and the hostel facilities are also good. The alum relations would definitely help students to soar higher and higher in their careers. All those students who are planning to go for a responsible career path like engineering can make a wise choice by opting for VIT institute and create a worthy future.
Check out Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) Vellore placement details likesalary package, top companies and latest placement trends at https://www.shiksha.com/university/vellore-institute-of-technology-vellore-29714/placement