Have you ever received a message stating Netgear Nighthawk router firmware update failed? If you nod in yes, then the situation can be serious. Well, need not to worry! In this how-to tutorial, we will help you easily fix the problem by following easy-to-use Netgear router troubleshooting steps given below. Let’s delve!
Why Netgear Router Firmware Update Failed?
Well, making you familiar, the Netgear router firmware update failure can come into effect due to a number of reasons like:
- Issues with your network security
- Poor internet connectivity
- Issues with your laptop or computer
- Your modem or with your own WiFi router
Let’s have a quick glance at the reasons that can cause Netgear router firmware update failure error. Along with the reasons, we will provide you solutions as well to troubleshoot with the issue.
Spotty Internet Connection
If you are trying to update your router’s firmware via Netgear router app or routerlogin.net, then you ought to bear the below mentioned things in mind.
- Make sure your laptop/desktop is connected to your router’s network.
- Check if your Netgear Nighthawk router is placed in the close proximity of your existing modem.
- Your Netgear router is too updated with the latest firmware version.
Corrupted Firmware File
Updating the firmware on your Netgear Nighthawk router without scanning it might stuck you to firmware update failure error. So, to prevent this:
- Scan the firmware file prior to downloading.
- Select and download the correct firmware available for your router’s model.
- Don’t forget to connect your Netgear router to your modem.
WiFi Network Security
On the off chance if the security of your WiFi network is at risk, then it can corrupt the Netgear router firmware file being downloaded. To fix this, change the default router login credentials soon after Netgear nighthawk setup Updating Netgear router firmware also helps in enhancing the security of your WiFi network.
Defective or Faulty Hardware
In the event that the hardware of computer or laptop or your Netgear device is damaged, you will not be able to download and install the latest firmware on your router. And if your Netgear router gets outdated, you will not be able to get the most out of it. As soon as you get the latest firmware downloaded on your Netgear router, you will see a boost in your network performance.
One of the main reasons behind the failure of Netgear router firmware can be due to poor connectivity issues. To get rid of this, make sure to place your WiFi router in the same room where your modem is. If you have a small space and you can’t place your router and the modem in the same room, then you can also place them in different rooms.
But make sure that:
- Your router is receiving 50 percent of your modem’s WiFi signals.
- Do not place your Netgear router and the modem in a corner of your house.
- If you are placing your devices into different room, do not close the doors while surfing the internet or completing Nighthawk router setup process. WiFi signals of your Netgear router cannot pass through thick walls, doors, and windows.
While changing your Netgear device’s settings via routerlogin.net, make sure to keep your laptop/ mobile device/ computer in reach of your Nighthawk router.
Damaged Ethernet Cables or Wires
You can also face the Netgear router firmware update failure issue if there is any damage in the Ethernet cables or wires that are connected to your computer/laptop, Nighthawk router or modem. So, to avoid this, make sure all the wires and cables that are connected firmly to your devices are not having any sort of damage.
Making use of damaged Ethernet cable can also interrupt with the Netgear WiFi router setup process. To prevent such issue, kick off your grandfather’s time Ethernet cable.
Still receiving the same Netgear router firmware failure message? Well, in such a case you need to contact our expert technicians via comments for the diagnosing of your Netgear router.